About this book
This concise reference serves as a companion to traditional research texts by focusing on such essentials as model construction, robust methodologies and defending a compelling hypothesis. Designed to wean Master's and doctorate-level students as well as new researchers from their comfort zones, the book challenges readers to engage in multi-method approaches to answering multidisciplinary questions. The result is a step-by-step framework for producing well-organized, credible papers based on rigorous, error-free data.
The text begins with a brief grounding in the intellectual attitude and logical stance that underlie good research and how they relate to steps such as refining a topic, creating workable models and building the right amount of complexity. Accessible examples from psychology and business help readers grasp the fine points of observations, interviewing, simulations, interpreting and finalizing data and presenting results. Fleshed out with figures, tables, key terms, tips, and questions, this book acts as both a friendly lecturer and a multilevel reality check.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15753-5
- Copyright Information Author 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15752-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15753-5
- Series Print ISSN 2192-8363
- Series Online ISSN 2192-8371
- Buy this book on publisher's site