About this book
This book serves as a timely and comprehensive overview of the latest science for perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs), covering the development of methods for assessing PFASs in biological fluids and tissues as well as the current knowledge regarding their toxicity to vertebrate organisms. This book includes chapters on human and wildlife exposure/body burdens, reviews of metabolism and toxicological effects by organ system/developmental stage, and aspects of PFAS toxicity that are driving PFAS research and regulatory oversight.
Toxicological Effects of Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances provides critical assessments of the most controversial topics surrounding toxicological evaluation of PFASs to give readers an expert perspective on the issues. Emphasis is placed on the integration of modes and mechanisms of action with functional endpoints that are relevant to human and wildlife health.
This book will be a useful resource for toxicologists, environmental chemists, risk assessors, and researchers with an interest in the class of compounds known as perfluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl substances.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15518-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15517-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15518-0
- Series Print ISSN 2168-4219
- Series Online ISSN 2168-4235
- About this book