About this book
This book examines and clarifies key aspects of regional branding with the special focus of inter-regional brands. Today regions are in strong competition for companies, tourists, and most of all talent. In order to differentiate one region from another, regional developers, politicians and planners increasingly focus on establishing the region as a brand. This is by no means easy, since places are complex systems of geographical abstractions in which each place is understood in relation and contrast to other geographical entities. In doing so, regions not only differentiate, but also cooperate (within one country or between countries), building so-called Inter-Regional Brands with an even higher degree of complexity.
Accordingly this volume, provides a theoretically well informed but practically oriented overview of this phenomenon – including numerous cases and best practices. As such, it will strongly appeal to both academics and practitioners in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15329-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15328-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15329-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site