Table of contents
About this book
The purpose of law is to prevent the society from harm by declaring what conduct is criminal, and prescribing the punishment to be imposed for such conduct. The pervasiveness of the internet and its anonymous nature make cyberspace a lawless frontier where anarchy prevails. Historically, economic value has been assigned to visible and tangible assets. With the increasing appreciation that intangible data disseminated through an intangible medium can possess economic value, cybercrime is also being recognized as an economic asset.
The Cybercrime, Digital Forensics and Jurisdiction disseminate knowledge for everyone involved with understanding and preventing cybercrime - business entities, private citizens, and government agencies. The book is firmly rooted in the law demonstrating that a viable strategy to confront cybercrime must be international in scope.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-15150-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-15149-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-15150-2
- Series Print ISSN 1860-949X
- Series Online ISSN 1860-9503
- About this book