About this book
Presenting new material, this book takes into account the influence of metal quality, pouring temperature, solidification time, the quality of moulding sand with the reclaim application, as well the binders of moulding sands, on the formation of the degenerated graphite near surface layers. It also employs the latest research methods, such as a wavelength-dispersive spectrometer (WDS) analysis and thermodynamic calculations, which were carried out on the reactions occurring in the study area.
Providing a valuable resource to academics and researchers interested in materials science, metal casting and metallurgy, this book is also intended for metal industry professionals.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14583-9
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-14582-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-14583-9
- Series Print ISSN 2192-1091
- Series Online ISSN 2192-1105
- Buy this book on publisher's site