About this book
This book takes an in-depth look at the software industry as a major factor in future global economic performance. It explores how software-based companies are a significant factor behind economic growth and serve as important bridge builders between industries. Countries with a weak and underdeveloped software industry risk being left behind in the 21st century.
The book examines the case of Germany as one of the world's major industrial nations, which is facing loss of competitiveness due to its underdeveloped software sector. It shows how the German software market is characterized by a multiplicity of small and medium sized companies and exhibits a shortage of globally dominating companies. This is presented and examined in the light of Germany being a powerhouse for technologies in sectors other than the software industry.
The book analyzes the current situation and future potential of the German software industry. Using empirical analysis and international case studies, it presents the status quo and offers recommendations for policy makers. It shows effective management strategies for the sustainable international growth of software-based companies. The recommendations in this book are intended to secure Germany's front seat on the express train bound for the second half of the 21st century.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-13548-9
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-13547-2
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-13548-9
- Series Print ISSN 2196-8705
- Series Online ISSN 2196-8713
- Buy this book on publisher's site