About this book
This volume offers a comprehensive overview of advanced research in the field of environmental green chemistry for air, soil and water pollutants, and presents emerging technologies on the chemical treatment of polluted sites and wastes. The 15 chapters, prepared by internationally respected experts, address the following topics: (1) monitoring of indoor and outdoor air pollutants; (2) atmospheric degradation processes and formation mechanisms of secondary pollutants; (3) the environmental assessment and impacts of soils polluted by heavy metals and hydrocarbons; (4) sustainable and emerging technologies for the chemical treatment of organic and animal wastes and wastewaters; (5) photocatalytic CO2 conversion methods for the mitigation of greenhouse effects; and (6) non-conventional methods in green chemistry synthesis. Lastly, the authors outline the future perspectives of each topic.
Given its multidisciplinary approach, combining environmental analysis and engineering, the book offers a valuable resource for all researchers and students interested in environmental chemistry and engineering.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-12907-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-12906-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-12907-5
- Series Print ISSN 1867-979X
- Series Online ISSN 1616-864X
- About this book
- Industry Sectors