About this book
This book is an elegant and rigorous presentation of integer programming, exposing the subject’s mathematical depth and broad applicability. Special attention is given to the theory behind the algorithms used in state-of-the-art solvers. An abundance of concrete examples and exercises of both theoretical and real-world interest explore the wide range of applications and ramifications of the theory. Each chapter is accompanied by an expertly informed guide to the literature and special topics, rounding out the reader’s understanding and serving as a gateway to deeper study.
Key topics include:
- polyhedral theory
- cutting planes
- semidefinite relaxations
Written by renowned experts in integer programming and combinatorial optimization, Integer Programming is destined to become an essential text in the field.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-11008-0
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-11007-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-11008-0
- Series Print ISSN 0072-5285
- Series Online ISSN 2197-5612
- About this book