Table of contents
About this book
This book provides a description of cognitive impairment in the elderly population through the lens of Thai Traditional Medicine as it is practiced in northern Thailand. It provides an overview of Thai Traditional Medicine and the memory loss presented in elderly dementia. Some medicinal plants used by traditional Thai healers to treat cognitive decline and memory issues in the elderly are reviewed.
Medicinal Plants of Northern Thailand for the Treatment of Cognitive Impairment in the Elderly provides readers with the detailed description of the in vitro screening of ten plants and those results. The bioactivity of these single plants exemplifies the success of using an ethnobotanical filter to identify plants with cognitive enhancing activity.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10241-2
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-10240-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-10241-2
- Series Print ISSN 2192-1229
- Series Online ISSN 2192-1210
- Buy this book on publisher's site