About this book
Visual cryptography is a secret sharing technique which allows the encryption of an image without requiring any complex computation or knowledge of cryptography.
This unique text/reference describes the fundamental concepts, theories and practice of visual cryptography. The design, construction, analysis, and application of visual cryptography schemes (VCSs) are discussed in detail. Original, cutting-edge research is presented on probabilistic, size invariant, threshold, concolorous, and cheating immune VCS.
Topics and features:
- Provides a thorough introduction to the field of visual cryptography
- Examines various common problems in visual cryptography, including the alignment, flipping, cheating, distortion, and thin line problems
- Reviews a range of visual cryptography schemes, including XOR-based visual cryptography and security enriched VCS
- Describes different methods for presenting color content using visual cryptographic techniques
- Covers such applications of visual cryptography as watermarking, resolution variant VCS, and multiple resolution VCS
This logically-structured and comprehensive work will serve as a helpful reference for all researchers and students interested in document authentication and cryptography, including those involved in digital image processing, image watermarking, and media-based security technology.
Dr. Feng Liu is an Associate Professor at the Institute of Information Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China. Dr. Wei Qi Yan is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-09644-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-09643-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-09644-5
- About this book