Table of contents
About this book
This practice-minded reference addresses educator confusion and skepticism towards digital technologies in the classroom, demystifying the processes of digital learning and establishing a framework for integrating technology into professional development.
Theories and findings on technology-enhanced learning offer instructors models for improving their own digital literacy toward developing and implementing materials and evaluating results. Chapters analyzing current digital trends in education, including BYOD (bring your own device) learning, personalized learning, and the flipped classroom, demonstrate a wide range of educational possibilities across disciplines. The guidelines proposed in the book allow educators to develop a systematic professional learning program so that technology becomes an necessary and valued component of their teaching repertoire.
Among the featured topics:
- Change and continuity in educational uses of new digital technologies.
- Digital practices of young people and their teaching implications.
- Theories underpinning learning with digital technologies.
· Digital literacy: The overarching element for successful technology integration.
- Technology integration and the flipped classroom.
- Mobile learning: BYOD and personalized learning.
For educators and education researchers, New Digital Technology in Education is a stimulating guide to the challenges and opportunities ahead as technology continues to be an essential part of learning, and pedagogy catches up.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-05822-1
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2015
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Humanities, Social Sciences and Law
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-05821-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-05822-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Consumer Packaged Goods