About this book
This book presents a novel approach to the analysis and design of all-digital phase-locked loops (ADPLLs), technology widely used in wireless communication devices. The authors provide an overview of ADPLL architectures, time-to-digital converters (TDCs) and noise shaping. Realistic examples illustrate how to analyze and simulate phase noise in the presence of sigma-delta modulation and time-to-digital conversion. Readers will gain a deep understanding of ADPLLs and the central role played by noise-shaping. A range of ADPLL and TDC architectures are presented in unified manner. Analytical and simulation tools are discussed in detail. Matlab code is included that can be reused to design, simulate and analyze the ADPLL architectures that are presented in the book.
• Discusses in detail a wide range of all-digital phase-locked loops architectures;
• Presents a unified framework in which to model time-to-digital converters for ADPLLs;
• Explains a procedure to predict and simulate phase noise in oscillators and ADPLLs;
• Describes an efficient approach to model ADPLLS;
• Includes Matlab code to reproduce the examples in the book.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-03659-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-03658-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-03659-5
- Series Print ISSN 1872-082X
- Series Online ISSN 2197-1854
- Buy this book on publisher's site