Table of contents
About this book
Homicide and rape. Hypertension and ulcers. Road rage and bullying. Numerous social and health problems can be traced to anger and aggression, prime targets for therapy. The ubiquity of anger and the destructive reach of aggression and violence demand not just an expanding palette of treatment options, but also a gamut of targeted measures to accurately assess at-risk clients.
Practitioner’s Guide to Empirically Supported Measures of Anger, Aggression, and Violence organizes basic and detailed information on 130-plus scales, questionnaires, and surveys in a user-friendly format. Background chapters discuss definition and classification issues, and methods of assessing for hostile emotions and injurious behaviors. The main sections describe in depth instruments for screening for the three constructs, covering populations, administration and scoring information, psychometric properties, references, and availability. In addition, a number of measures are reprinted for professional use in therapy or research. Key features of the book:
- A detailed chapter on conducting risk assessments.
- Reviews of anger measures, from the Anger Control Inventory to the Ward Atmosphere Scale.
- Information on aggression scales, e.g., the Antisocial Personality Questionnaire, the Hypermasculinity Inventory.
- Overviews of violence measures, including the Abuse Assessment Screen and the Stalking Victimization Survey.
- Quick-view tables for finding the most appropriate test for a given client or situation.
- Reproducible measures for clinical or research purposes.
For clinicians and practitioners looking to keep their assessment methods up-to-date and seeking new tools for addressing a growing source of concerns, Practitioner’s Guide to Empirically Supported Measures of Anger, Aggression, and Violence is a ready resource that will be turned to often.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00245-3
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2014
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-00244-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-00245-3
- Series Print ISSN 1869-2281
- Series Online ISSN 1869-229X
- Buy this book on publisher's site