About this book
This book describes the design of ultra low power transceivers for body area networks. Since these applications have very limited energy resources, typically powered only by tiny batteries or through energy harvesting techniques, this book describes an architecture for a Bluetooth low energy transceiver to overcome these limitations. Coverage includes not only the main concepts for achieving low power consumption, but also the details of the circuit design and its implementation in a standard CMOS technology.
· Guides readers through the design of ultra low power transceivers for body area networks, from architecture to circuit-level implementation;
· Describes 4 key strategies for ultra-low power transceiver design and specific, innovative techniques for circuit-level design;
· Enables readers to design transceivers for body area networks that are 27% more energy efficient than those currently available;
· Includes a review of the state-of-the-art in low-power transceivers in the GHz frequency range.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-00098-5
- Copyright Information Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Heidelberg
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-319-00097-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-319-00098-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site