Table of contents
About this book
The essential question that fractal dimensions attempt to answer is about the scales in Nature. For a system as non-idealistic and complex as a protein, studying scale-invariance becomes particularly important.
Fractal Symmetry of Protein Exterior investigates the diverse facets of the various scales at which we describe protein biophysical and biochemical phenomena. Although these ideas are entirely mathematical, mathematical expositions have been avoided, unless the use of some expressions becomes absolutely obligatory. A first chapter introduce into fractal dimensions, protein exteriors and to methods to study the roughness of surfaces. The main topics covered in the following chapters include: protein-protein interaction interfaces; protein surface-roughness and local shape as well as adhesion on protein and other rough biomolecular surfaces.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0654-1
- Copyright Information The Author(s) 2013
- Publisher Name Springer, Basel
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0653-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0654-1
- Series Print ISSN 2211-9353
- Series Online ISSN 2211-9361
- About this book