Table of contents
About this book
The theory of oppositions based on Aristotelian foundations of logic has been pictured in a striking square diagram which can be understood and applied in many different ways having repercussions in various fields: epistemology, linguistics, mathematics, sociology, physics. The square can also be generalized in other two-dimensional or multi-dimensional objects extending in breadth and depth the original Aristotelian theory.
The square of opposition is a very attractive theme which has been going through centuries without evaporating. Since 10 years there is a new growing interest for the square due to recent discoveries and challenging interpretations. This book presents a collection of previously unpublished papers by high level specialists of the square from all over the world.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-0348-0379-3
- Copyright Information Springer Basel 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, Basel
- eBook Packages Mathematics and Statistics
- Print ISBN 978-3-0348-0378-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-0348-0379-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site