About this book
The fourth edition of this textbook offers a scientific and practical context within which to understand and conduct clinical assessments of children’s and adolescent’s personality and behavior. The new edition ensures that the content is relevant to diagnostic criteria for major forms of child and adolescent psychopathology in the 5th edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5). It provides updated information on specific tests and discusses advances in research that have occurred since the last edition that are relevant for assessing the most common forms of psychopathology shown by children and adolescents. The volume is unique in providing both the scientific and ethical basis to guide psychological testing, as well as providing practical advice for using specific tests and assessing specific forms of psychopathology.
This new edition:
- Highlights how current trends in psychological classification, such as the DSM-5 and the Research Domain Criteria, should influence the clinical assessment of children and adolescents.
- Provides updates to professional standards that should guide test users.
- Discusses practical considerations in planning and conducting clinical assessments.
- Evaluates the most recent editions of common tests used in the clinical assessment of child and adolescent personality and behavior.
- Provides an overview of how to screen for early signs of emotional and behavioral risk for mental problems in children and adolescents.
- Discusses practical methods for integrating assessment information collecting as part of a clinical assessment.
- Uses current research to guide clinical assessments of children with Attention-deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, conduct problems, depression, anxiety, and autism spectrum disorder.
Clinical Assessment of Child and Adolescent Personality and Behavior is a valuable updated resource for graduate students as well as veteran and beginning clinicians across disciplines, including school, clinical child, developmental, and educational psychology; psychiatry; counseling; and social work; as well as related disciplines that provide mental health and educational services to children and adolescents.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-35695-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science and Psychology Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-35694-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-35695-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Health & Hospitals