About this book
This successful textbook emphasizes the unified nature of all disciplines of Fluid Mechanics as they emerge from the general principles of continuum mechanics. The different branches of Fluid Mechanics, always originating from simplifying assumptions, are developed according to the basic rule: from the general to the specific.
The first part of the book contains a precise and coherent introduction into kinematics and the formulation of the laws of mechanics and thermodynamics. The second part consists of the methodical application of these principles to technology. This book is offered to engineers, physicists and applied mathematicians; it can be used for self-study, as well as in conjunction with a lecture course.
In this third edition additional comments are made, whenever necessary, to deepen the subject. Also, connecting remarks between the chapters are made to homogenize the book. As far as possible we eliminated the obvious typos. The index is expanded according to the text.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-30259-7
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-30258-0
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-30259-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site