About this book
"A timely book - broadly insightful, challenging, targeted, and practically useful."
-- Fred Hamel, University of Puget Sound, USA
Daniela Martin is Associate Professor of Psychology at the Pennsylvania State University, USA. Her research ranges from a focus on identity development among diverse students and the contexts of multicultural and ESL education to student development during study abroad, and pedagogical principles that sustain our increasingly diverse schools.
Elizabeth Smolcic is Associate Professor of Education at the Pennsylvania State University, USA. She has led the Teaching ESL Certificate Programme with Immersion in Ecuador programme for over 15 years. Her scholarly interests include teacher education for multilingual/ multicultural realities and building fully reciprocal relationships in study abroad and home community contexts.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Redefining Teaching Competence through Immersive Programs
- Book Subtitle Practices for Culturally Sustaining Classrooms
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24788-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s) 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Education Education (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-3-030-24787-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-3-030-24790-4
- eBook ISBN 978-3-030-24788-1
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVII, 321
- Number of Illustrations 3 b/w illustrations, 1 illustrations in colour
Teaching and Teacher Education
- Buy this book on publisher's site