Table of contents
About this book
This timely volume provides an up-to-date and comprehensive summary about what is known about aging and work and addresses the challenges and opportunities confronting older workers and organizations. The authors describe current and emerging topics related to work and aging adults such as working in teams, the increasing diversity of the labor force, work and caregiving, the implications of technology for an aging workforce, and health and wellness issues. The authorship is international; the authors are renowned for their respective work in the topical areas and represent a broad range of disciplines within academia, as well as offer perspectives from government and policy.
Jobs, organizations, the labor market, and the workforce are experiencing dramatic change. Workers of all ages, including older workers, need to interact with the wide variety of ubiquitous technologies that are reshaping work processes, job content, work settings, communication strategies, and the delivery of training, and this book aims to update readers on the particular issues facing today’s aging adults in the workplace.
The chapters’ broad and inclusive scope encompasses:
- Workplace aging and jobs in the 21st century
- The retirement income security outlook for older workers
- Population aging, age discrimination, and age discrimination protections
- Older workers and the contemporary labor market
- The role of aging, age diversity, and age heterogeneity within teams
- The intersection of family caregiving and work
Current and Emerging Trends in Aging and Work is relevant to a broad audience of academic researchers, practitioners, and students in psychology, sociology, management, engineering (industrial and human factors), the health sciences, gerontology/geriatrics, and public health. It is also a useful resource for government and policy leaders, as well as workers and managers in the public and private sectors.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-24135-3
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-24134-6
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-24135-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site