About this book
This book provides process engineers with all of the information necessary for installation, maintenance and management of refractory in a cement industry. It describes how to characterize the refractory material and select refractories for various equipments in the cement plant. The author explains refractory installation, in general, and the rotary kiln specifically, as it is distinct from static furnaces used in metallurgical or process industries. It also details the chemical and physical factors that influence refractory performance and has discussed the mechanism of degradation of refractories with special emphasis on thermo-chemical and thermo-mechanical aspects. The heat transfer calculation and energy loss from the equipment surfaces has been addressed. A chapter in the book is dedicated for the management of refractory quality and the installation quality at the site.
- Maximizes reader understanding of the operating conditions in different equipments and how those are related to selection of refractories;
- Details the process variables and their influences on the performance of the refractories;
- Elucidates subtle points of refractory installation to ensure optimal performance;
- Presents heat transfer calculations and quality management protocols of refractory installation. Reinforces the concepts with many illustrations and tables.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-21340-4
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-21339-8
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-21340-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site