About this book
‘This important new book provides a penetrating, novel analysis of the key role played by knowledge when viewed through the lens of Schumpeterian economics. It is loaded with important insights that highlight the primacy of knowledge and innovation to unleash economic growth.’
—David B. Audretsch, Indiana University Bloomington, USA
This book combines the tools elaborated by the economics of knowledge and the legacy of Joseph Schumpeter to explore the emergence of the new knowledge economy and the shift away from the manufacturing industries.
Antonelli analyzes the characteristics of the innovation process as a creative response based upon the accumulation, generation and exploitation of knowledge. He highlights the new structure of advanced economies, where knowledge is at the same time the prime input and output. With special attention to the limits of the new knowledge growth regime, raised by the role of finance, income distribution and intellectual property rights, this Palgrave Pivot recommends appropriate economic policies based upon an Open Technology approach.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05508-0
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Pivot, Cham
- eBook Packages Economics and Finance
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05507-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05508-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Finance, Business & Banking