About this book
This book examines the history of nation-building in Kosova as a model of how the theories behind nation-building, state-building and peace-building can succeed or fail. The author argues that two missing factors led to successful state-building but failed nation-building in Kosova: the balance of power and the ethnic elite. The author uses his unique expert knowledge gained over thirty years of study to present a thorough overview of international administration and nation-building in Kosova.
Shinasi A. Rama is Clinical Professor of International Relations in the Department of Politics, New York University, USA. He served as Senior Political Advisor to the Prime Minister of the Interim Government of Kosova in the US. His research focuses on international relations and comparative politics.
Kosova nation failure ethnic elites balance of power international administration state building peace building ethnic conflict elections
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05192-1
- Copyright Information The Editor(s) (if applicable) and The Author(s), under exclusive licence to Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Palgrave Macmillan, Cham
- eBook Packages Political Science and International Studies
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05191-4
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05192-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site