Table of contents
About this book
This book with accompanying videos focuses on pectus excavatum correction using custom-made silicone implants. It discusses patient evaluation, the minimally invasive procedure and follow-up care. It also describes in detail, and in a way that is comprehensible for practicing clinicians, the procedure for creating silicone implants using a scanner (computer-aided design). Further, the book presents the possibility of using fat grafting to correct this congenital deformity and highlights secondary surgical procedures and complications (e.g. infections).
Correcting pectus excavatum using a computer-aided design silicone implant is a simple and reliable technique that yields high-quality, aesthetic results. In the medium term, the approach may render invasive techniques obsolete, however, these operations remain risky.
Custom-made Implants Computer aided design Breast`s asymmetry Silicone elastomer Haller Index
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-05108-2
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Medicine Medicine (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-05107-5
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-05108-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site