Table of contents
About this book
This informative text/reference presents a detailed review of the state of the art in industrial sensor and control networks. The book examines a broad range of applications, along with their design objectives and technical challenges. The coverage includes fieldbus technologies, wireless communication technologies, network architectures, and resource management and optimization for industrial networks. Discussions are also provided on industrial communication standards for both wired and wireless technologies, as well as for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Topics and features:
- Describes the FlexRay, CAN, and Modbus fieldbus protocols for industrial control networks, as well as the MIL-STD-1553 standard
- Proposes a dual fieldbus approach, incorporating both CAN and ModBus fieldbus technologies, for a ship engine distributed control system
- Reviews a range of industrial wireless sensor network (IWSN) applications, from environmental sensing and condition monitoring, to process automation
- Examines the wireless networking performance, design requirements, and technical limitations of IWSN applications
- Presents a survey of IWSN commercial solutions and service providers, and summarizes the emerging trends in this area
- Discusses the latest technologies and open challenges in realizing the vision of the IIoT, highlighting various applications of the IIoT in industrial domains
- Introduces a logistics paradigm for adopting IIoT technology on the Physical Internet
This unique work will be of great value to all researchers involved in industrial sensor and control networks, wireless networking, and the Internet of Things.
Prof. Dong-Seong Kim is Director of the KIT Convergence Research Institute and ICT Convergence Research Center (ITRC program), supported by the Korean government, at Kumoh National Institute of Technology, Gumi, South Korea. He is a senior member of the IEEE and ACM. Dr. Hoa Tran-Dang is a research professor, working in the NSL Laboratory, in the Department of ICT Convergence Engineering at Kumoh National Institute of Technology.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-04927-0
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-04926-3
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-04927-0
- Series Print ISSN 1617-7975
- Series Online ISSN 2197-8433
- Buy this book on publisher's site