About this book
This book is designed to provide easy means of problem solving based on the science philosophical and logical rules that lead to effective and reliable software at the service of professional earth system scientists through numerical scientific computation techniques. Through careful examination of software illuminated by brief scientific explanations given in the book the reader may develop his/her skills of computer program writing.
Science aspects that are concerned with earth systems need numerical computation procedures and algorithms of data collected from the field measurements or laboratory records. The same is also valid for data processing in social sciences and economics. Some of the data assessment and processing procedures are at the large scales and complex, and therefore, require effective and efficient computer programs. Data reduction and graphical display in addition to probabilistic and statistical calculations are among the general purposes of the book. Not only students’ works but also projects of researchers at universities and tasks of experts in different companies depend on reliable software. Especially, potential users of MATLAB in earth systems need a guidance book that covers a variety of practically applicable software solutions.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-01542-8
- Copyright Information Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2020
- Publisher Name Springer, Cham
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-3-030-01541-1
- Online ISBN 978-3-030-01542-8
- Series Print ISSN 2522-8714
- Series Online ISSN 2522-8722
- Buy this book on publisher's site