Table of contents
About this book
Bringing together techniques and methods currently being applied to the study of exocytosis, Exocytosis Methods collects chapters from experts in the field, examining this fundamental process essential to functions ranging from protein secretion to hormone release and neurotransmission. The book begins with a section covering a range of techniques being applied to the study of single-vesicle fusion events, which are key in order to gain insight into the final steps of vesicle fusion. The volume continues with several model systems that are being employed to unravel the complexities of exocytosis. Written for the Neuromethods series, chapters included in this work present the kind of detail and vital implementation advice that leads to successful results.
Practical and authoritative, Exocytosis Methods seeks to promote the advent of new methods in microscopy and the development of new preparations, which would doubtlessly lead to many new and exciting discoveries in this field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-676-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-675-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-676-4
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site