About this book
Presenting the most up-to-date techniques for the detection, genotyping, and investigation of methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA), this second edition of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols collects chapters that utilize the power of complete genomic sequences and advanced high-throughput technologies that have pushed this field to its present state. These enable the development of specific and rapid diagnosis methods, the investigation and elucidation of mechanisms of bacterial evolution to antibiotic resistance and pathogenicity, and the identification of novel targets to develop more potent therapeutic and/or preventive agents. Written for the Methods in Molecular Biology series, numerous chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and fully updated, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) Protocols, Second Edition serves as a key reference for researchers attempting to set up a new method to study MRSA or even for technicians and scientists working on other pathogens.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-664-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2014
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-663-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-664-1
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site