Table of contents
About this book
Focusing on model systems for the study of structure, folding, and association in the membrane, Membrane Proteins: Folding, Association, and Design presents an overview of methods that can be applied to these intricate systems. The volume is divided into four detailed sections, covering association of transmembrane helices, interactions with the lipid bilayer, NMR methods, as well as a variety of engineering approaches. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Membrane Proteins: Folding, Association, and Design serves as an ideal guide for researchers reaching for the tantalizing possibility of designing novel membrane proteins with tailored functionality.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-583-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-582-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-583-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book