Table of contents
About this book
For most of industrial applications, enzymes and cells have to be immobilized, via very simple and cost-effective protocols, in order to be re-used for very long periods of time. From this point of view, immobilization, simplicity and stabilization have to be strongly related concepts. The third edition of Immobilization of Enzymes and Cells expands upon and updates the previous editions with current, detailed protocols for immobilization. With new chapters on protocols for immobilization of enzymes and cells which may be useful to greatly improve the functional properties of enzymes and cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Immobilization of Enzymes and Cells, Third Edition demonstrates simple and efficient protocols for the preparation, characterization, and utilization of immobilized enzymes and cells.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-62703-550-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, New York 2013
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-62703-549-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-62703-550-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book