About this book
In the last few years, technologies that allow for monitoring and manipulating neuronal networks at a single cell resolution have been rapidly expanding. In Neuronal Network Analysis: Concepts and Experimental Approaches, experts in the field provide an overview of some of the most advanced techniques for the study of neuronal circuits, highlighting current technical limitations and providing a vision of what is yet to come. Broken into six convenient, interdependent section, this volume covers optical approaches, electrophysiological approaches, both in vitro and in vivo, optogenetics, morpho-functional approaches, and neuronal network analysis in humans. As a volume in the Neuromethods series, this work provides the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Neuronal Network Analysis: Concepts and Experimental Approaches will be useful for early career neuroscientists, as well as for experienced neuroscientists, by providing a practical framework for studying the brain as an organ while maintaining an appreciation for its cellular diversity.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-633-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-632-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-633-3
- Series Print ISSN 0893-2336
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6045
- Buy this book on publisher's site