About this book
Vital to academic researchers, the medical field, and especially to biotech and pharmaceutical scientists, metabolomics is a rapidly expanding field that will provide a key link between functional biology (phenotypes) and the inner workings of cells in tissues or whole organisms. In The Handbook of Metabolomics, expert researchers provide readers with the current state of metabolomic development and the integration of metabolomics with transcriptomics and proteomics, illustrated by research efforts related to toxicology and pharmacology. The detailed contributions deal with topics ranging from sample preparation and considerations, both laboratory and clinical, analytical methodologies for metabolite and isotopomer profiling, metabolic flux modeling, database construction, and the integration of ‘omics for systems biochemical understanding, amongst other topics.
Thorough and authoritative, The Handbook of Metabolomics serves as an ideal reference for all those who wish to further pursue this promising area of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-618-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-617-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-618-0
- Series Print ISSN 1557-2153
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6053
- Buy this book on publisher's site