About this book
Transposable elements are used as genetic tools for dissecting the function of a specific gene and elaborating on mechanisms leading to genetic change and diversity, and the evolutionary impact of mobile DNA on the biology and evolution of organism. In, Mobile Genetic Elements: Protocols and Genomic Applications, Second Edition gathers a wide array of strategies and protocols for identifying transposable elements (TEs) and their evolutionary derivatives, and for studying genome structure, function, and evolution. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory.
Through and intuitive Mobile Genetic Elements: Protocols and Genomic Applications, Second Edition aids scientists in the continuing study of in silico tools, strategies and protocols that are complementary of those described in the first volume.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-603-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-602-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-603-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book