Table of contents
About this book
New techniques to study cell signaling and function can develop at a staggering pace; however, many approaches are as valid today as on the day they were established. Thus, the main aim of Platelets and Megakaryocytes: Volume 3, Additional Protocols and Perspectives is to complement the first two volumes published in 2004 by adding recently developed state of the art techniques. Conveniently divided into three sections, this detailed volume covers techniques to study platelet function, approaches to investigate megakaryocyte function, and perspectives on important overall concepts in the field of megakaryocyte and platelet biology. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, methods chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and vital tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and up-to-date, Platelets and Megakaryocytes: Volume 3, Additional Protocols and Perspectives adds a wealth of new expertise for the labs of scientists working in this key biological area of study.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-61779-307-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-61779-306-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-61779-307-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site