About this book
Lipid Signaling Protocols assembles in a single volume the various tools and methodologies needed by the interested investigator to unravel lipid dependent signaling and cell function. Divided into two convenient sections, the volume begins by summarizing the physical properties of hydrophobic metabolites as well as the physical methodologies used for their analysis, which leads to the second section and its selection of biological methods, focused around the most relevant lipids, their corresponding metabolizing enzymes and the recognition proteins. Following the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters provide readily reproducible laboratory protocols, lists of necessary materials and reagents, and the tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Contributed to by top researchers in the field, Lipid Signaling Protocols is an essential resource for both experienced and novice researchers who desire a better understanding of the application of physical methodologies in the context of lipid signaling and lipid metabolism in cell biology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-60327-115-8
- Copyright Information Humana Press, a part of Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-727-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-60327-115-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site