Table of contents
About this book
As increasing global population and continuing economic development ensure the need for further production and cultivation of maize, the necessity of the application of transgenic technology to this model species and crop plant grows steadily. In Transgenic Maize: Methods and Protocols, experts in the various disciplines of the field contribute readily reproducible protocols covering such topics as transformation methods, transgenic maize in research, the analysis of transgenic plants, and breeding with transgenes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, the chapters present brief introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and easy to use, Transgenic Maize: Methods and Protocols will greatly aid researchers wishing to use these procedures in their own laboratories, and will provide readers with a better understanding of the experiments being performed by cooperators or fee-for-service labs.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-494-0
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press, Totowa, NJ
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-934115-49-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-494-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site