About this book
Plant genomics is a growing and constantly evolving field of study, one which has gained much ground in past years through the development of advanced research and data management tools. In Plant Genomics: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers explore the current issues and methodologies of this expanding field, specifically addressing areas of gene discovery and the functional analysis of genes with a focus on the primary tools and sub-disciplines of genetic mapping, mRNA, protein and metabolite profiling. Chapters employ exciting new methods to investigate molecular plant breeding technology and gene functional analysis via transformation, mutation, protein function, and gene expression. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Comprehensive and innovative, Plant Genomics: Methods and Protocols is an essential guide for all plant scientists who are interested in further studies in the area of genomics research.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-427-8
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2009
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-997-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-427-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site