About this book
As researchers continue to make enormous progress in mapping disease genes, exciting, novel, and complex analyses have emerged. In Linkage Disequilibrium and Association Mapping: Analysis and Applications, scientists from around the world, who are leaders in this field, contribute their vast experience and expertise to produce a comprehensive and fascinating text for researchers and clinicians alike.
The volume comprises four general sections: the first presents an overview and historical basis of the subject. The second section considers the developing methodology and recent findings from studies which have characterized the genome-wide linkage disequilibrium structure in enormous detail. The following section examines all aspects of disease association mapping methodology, and the final two chapters review the early successes in mapping genes involved in two of the most important human diseases: asthma and type 2 diabetes.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-389-9
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2007
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-669-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-389-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book