About this book
Cryopreservation and Freeze-Drying Protocols: Second Edition is a compilation of robust, reproducible techniques for the conservation of a wide range of biological materials. This widely expanded second edition includes novel approaches and protocols for biological materials that were not preservable when the first edition was published in 1995.
This volume begins with a discussion of long term ex situ conservation of biological resources, the role of biological resource centers, and fundamental principles of freeze-drying and cryopreservation. Each chapter focuses on the preservation of specific biological materials, including proteins, mircroorganisms, cell lines, and multicellular structures. Detailed descriptions of materials required and stepwise protocols are presented for each preservation method, along with explanatory notes that highlight key technical issues. The troubleshooting and background notes provided for each protocol enhance this practical and reliable resource for the conservation and sustainable use of biological resources.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-362-2
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2007
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-377-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-362-2
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site