About this book
Macromolecular Crystallography Protocols, now in two volumes, examines major developments that have occurred since publication of the acclaimed first edition nearly a decade ago. Volume 1, Preparation and Crystallization of Macromolecules and Volume 2, Structure Determination, explore recent advances that have accelerated the pace of structural determination and made crystallography accessible to a broader range of investigators.
Volume 1 is composed of detailed protocols for the preparation and optimization of crystals, including tips from the experts on the best methods for inducing proteins to adopt their crystalline form. Volume 2 complements the first volume by addressing laboratory techniques for crystal handling and structural characterization, as well as computational techniques for data collection, phasing, and refinement. The volume concludes with a detailed and insightful survey of available crystallographic software. These volumes will be an indispensable reference for obtaining macromolecular crystals and determining their three-dimensional structure.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-59745-209-0
- Copyright Information Humana Press 2007
- Publisher Name Humana Press
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-58829-292-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-59745-209-0
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site