About this book
This volume provides methods to analyze the meningococcus and its interactions with biologically relevant host cells and sites, to interrogate the population structure and biology of the meningococcus that defines its capacity to cause disease, and to aid in vaccine development and surveillance. Many of these methods are applicable to the close relative, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and several of the methods described can also be used in investigating host-pathogen interactions for a range of other organisms. Written for the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Neisseria meningitidis: Methods and Protocols will allow for the use of these methods by more laboratories and foster collaboration and consistency in investigations of this enigmatic and dangerous pathogen.
Meningococcus Strain analysis Vaccine development Disease progression Neisseria gonorrhoeae Host cells
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9202-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9201-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9202-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site