About this book
This volume provides detailed descriptions on cutting-edge experimental methods to assess the multiple and complex interactions between T. cruzi and its host. Chapters detail a series of methods and protocols, ranging from rather classical biochemical/genetic approaches to modern, powerful and high-throughput ‘-omics’ technologies, to tackle this issue, as well as novel techniques to improve treatment and clinical evaluation of Chagasic patients. Genome-wide mining strategies aimed at identifying potential parasite antigens and vaccine candidates and an overview on the challenges and milestones encountered during T. cruzi genome assembly are also included. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, T. cruzi Infection: Methods and Protocols aims to provide students, researchers, and clinicians who are interested in the study of Chagas disease an indispensable source of information.
protozoan parasite T cell Exhaustion Cytometric Bead Array Chagas disease DC-PBMC
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-9148-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2019
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-9147-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-9148-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site