About this book
This volume discusses basic and advanced techniques to study macrophages and their unique properties. The chapters in this book cover numerous topics such as in vitro culture models for murine and human macrophages; isolation of resident macrophages from several tissues; functional analyses of macrophages; and transgenic models of macrophage depletion and macrophage targeting. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Macrophages: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for researchers who are interested in studying macrophages on an experimental level.
The chapters A Simple Multi-Step Protocol for Differentiating Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells into Functional Macrophages and Isolation and Phenotyping of Adult Mouse Microglial Cells are open access under a CC BY 4.0 license via link.springer.com.
phenotyping chlodronate Chromatin immunoprecipitation inflammasome Influenza
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7837-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7836-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7837-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book