Table of contents
About this book
This volume details methods and protocols on b-sheet assemblies and collagen. Divided into three parts chapters focus on expanding use of solid-state NMR as a powerful method to enhance structural understanding of self-assembled peptide materials, methods for the design, synthesis, and application of self-assembled peptide materials, and structural and mechanistic analyses of pathological amyloid systems that provide novel ways to assess function of the various possible aggregates as well to determine how the structure of these materials correlates to function/dysfunction in the biological context. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Computational Drug Discovery and Design aims to capture modern methods that span the breadth of the exciting and expanding field of peptide self-assembly.
protein self-assembly phenomena extracellular matrix proteins amyloid pathologies solid-state NMR spectroscopic
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7811-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7809-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7811-3
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site