About this book
This volume covers various assays and techniques that have been developed to study and characterize the cell migration in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo. The chapters in this book present readers with the latest protocols to observe, quantify, and control cell migration. Some of the topics explored in this book are: migration in confined environments, microfluidic devices, optogenetics, chemotaxis, electrotaxis, detection of migrasomes, migration of Q cells in Caenorhabditis elegans, of Drosophila macrophages, optogenetics of cell migration, intravital imaging. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Cell Migration: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource for anyone interested in learning more about this expanding field.
mammalian cells High throughput analysis Biosensors membrane protrusion Optogenetic
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7701-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7700-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7701-7
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site