Table of contents
About this book
This volume explores methods used to examine the structure-function relationship of glucose transporters both in vitro and ex vivo. Chapters in this book cover topics such as expression and purification of glucose transporters in heterologous expression systems, crystal structure determination, glucose transport activity assays in cellular and synthetic model systems, investigation of the GLUT4 membrane trafficking machinery by novel labeling strategies combined with advanced fluorescence microscopy methods, and tracking GLUT2 translocation by live cell imaging. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and comprehensive, Glucose Transport: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource that helps researchers with determining specific roles of different GLUTs in various organisms.
GLUTs SGLTs yeast FRET-Based Assay hexose transport proteins
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7507-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7506-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7507-5
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book