Table of contents
About this book
This book expands on the previous volumes with new chapters exploring emerging themes and methodologies in bacterial virus research. The chapters in this book are divided into 4 parts and cover topics such as: iron chloride flocculation of bacteriophages from seawater; encapsulation of Listeria phage A511 by alginate; examining genome termini of bacteriophage through high-throughput sequencing; genome sequencing of dsDNA-containing bacteriophages directly from a single plaque; characterizing bacteriophages by biology, taxonomy, and genome analysis; phage genome annotation using the RAST pipeline; and the use of RP4::mini-Mu for gene transfer. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting edge and authoritative, Bacteriophages: Methods and Protocols, Volume III is a valuable resource for both established and novice phage scientists.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7343-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2018
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7341-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7343-9
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book