About this book
This volume discusses protocols that aid in measuring different components in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS). The book also looks at the methods used to assess angiotensin peptides and discerning the influence of RAAS components on different mammalian diseases. The chapters cover topics such as the use of fluorescent substrate to measure ACE2 activity in the mouse abdominal aorta, blood pressure monitoring using the radio telemetry method, and the analysis of angiotensin metabolism in the kidney using mass spectrometry. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting edge and comprehensive, The Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone Systems: Methods and Protocols is a valuable resource that provides scientists and researchers with the best approaches to examine RAAS.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-7030-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-7028-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-7030-8
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- About this book