About this book
This second edition volume expands on the previous editions with detailed protocols on (cyano) bacterial and mold fungus toxins, and a specific focus on Gram-negative endotoxins (lipopolysaccharides). The chapters in Microbial Toxins: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition present techniques that cover topics such as detection of cholera toxin by an immunochromatographic test strip; label-free immune-sensors for the fast detection of Listeria in food; endotoxin removal from Escherichia coli bacterial lysate using biphasic liquid system; and micromethods for isolation and structural characterization of lipid A, and polysaccharide regions of bacterial lipopolysaccharides. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Cutting-edge and practical, Microbial Toxins: Methods and Protocols, Second Edition is a valuable and useful resource for scientists who are interested in this field, and is a great tool for researchers who are looking to learn about new, particular techniques to further enhance their work.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6958-6
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2017
- Publisher Name Humana Press, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Springer Protocols
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6956-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6958-6
- Series Print ISSN 1064-3745
- Series Online ISSN 1940-6029
- Buy this book on publisher's site