Table of contents
About this book
From Google search to self-driving cars to human longevity, is Alphabet creating a neoteric Garden of Eden or Bentham’s Panopticon? Will King Solomon’s challenge supersede the Turing test for artificial intelligence? Can transhumanism mitigate existential threats to humankind? These are some of the overarching questions in this book, which explores the impact of information awareness on humanity starting from the Book of Genesis to the Royal Library of Alexandria in the 3rd century BC to the modern day of Google Search, IBM Watson, and Wolfram|Alpha.
The book also covers Search Engine Optimization, Google AdWords, Google Maps, Google Local Search, and what every business leader must know about digital transformation. “Search is curiosity, and that will never be done,” said Google’s first female engineer and Yahoo’s sixth CEO Marissa Mayer.
The truth is out there; we just need to know how to Google it!
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4939-6415-4
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2016
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4939-6413-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4939-6415-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site